Monday, September 9, 2013

How the Pack began...

It was the late summer of 2000 that I got the brilliant idea of adopting a beagle puppy...my search than began with looking at Ads in the Green Mountain Trading Post (a fantastic Vermont paper).  There was a listing for beagle puppies in Brookfield, Vermont; about an hours drive from my home in Burlington.  

So I made a phone call, they had two puppies left on the farm, and then my best bud Heather and I were in the car heading out to take a look.  Just a look...RIGHT! 

When we got there two puppies ran full speed over to us.  One was jumping up saying pick me, pick me...pick me, pick me.  The other was lazing back, chewing on some grass.  Did I pick the lazy puppy?  Nope not me.  I picked the pick me, pick me puppy.  Wait wasn't I just looking? Well, it was at that point that Charlie became apart of my family.


Charlie at 12 weeks and 11 pounds 


Charlie at 13 years and 42 pounds


No comments:

Post a Comment